Monday, September 18, 2006

chocolate pie breakfast

A day just has to be good when it starts with chocolate meringue pie. I go from the middle outward....with a spoon, naturally. And tiny little tongue-orgasms fill up my mouth. and make me happy. And thus, a good day begins.
i just noticed that in only two lines, i used two words that ended in "gue". That may be a record.

It is raining today.....adding water to my newly-refinished pool in the garden. Salt water now, instead of chemicals. Way better. I prefer to ingest chemicals, or smoke them.....not swim in them.

I am presently in what i call the "second ring of nervana"......which is my definition of a particular pain level. It is unpleasant, uncomfortable, and yet does not totally occupy all of my thoughts. It's actually only scary when i allow myself to accept the fact that it "can get worse". i don't want to go there right now.

Besides, it is almost time for me to watch the Ann Richards farewell on tv. I am having a difficult time accepting her absence. How can all that energy and enthusiasm and humor just suddenly be......absent? i choose to believe it has merely moved on to another level. In bright colors.
I have always wished i could have big hair like hers, but it is not to be. My head is gigantic and big white hair would just scare children and timid men. I already do that too much.

I spent the weekend with my favorite person in the world......she fed me brown tomatoes and smelly cheese and wonderful wine. And she let me RANT about the absurdity of live theater, political hacks and the truly unsightliness of Rachel Ray's boobs.......in case you haven't noticed, they are small yet somehow flabby and......jiggly.. We do not like them.
I saw a commercial earlier today for an upcoming Oprah show in which she and her (i get tired of hearing about her) best friend drive from LA to NY. Oprah exclaims, "It's REAL reality!".
Get a grip.....if you have tv cameras on you and make-up/hair people with you, it ain't even CLOSE to "reality". Which is okay i guess......
i'm done for now.

4 comments:

LesleyRamsey said...

OOOh... brown tomatoes don't sound very good.

Be sure to check out http://bannedbookscafe.blogspot.com

you can practice leaving comments!

Also, you could look at some older postings at
http://intothismoment.blogspot.com

or

http://the-tin-foil-hat.blogspot.com

--OnlyGrrrl

pineapple said...

I've missed your blog rants! I'm glad you are back. Chocolate is great for any meal, but it is a very good way to start a day. With so many shitty things that can fill up a day, no one can take away the fact that you had chocolate pie for breakfast. Big love and smooches!

Enrique said...

Chocolat is the most important food group.

LesleyRamsey said...

I think in Nervana's case, the food group is Pie!

Maybe she's got a new career as a model in Spain! (see Pineapple's blog)