Monday, September 25, 2006

We Don't Need No Comedy Channel.....

not when we have Fox News, Jerry Falwell, the U.N. and......hell, everything else.

Why are so many "notables" visiting Castro lately? As far as i can tell, the only true achievement of his decades as despot was the creation of a nation of antique cars. i suppose that could be important.

i enjoyed seeing Bill Clinton get pissed off in an interview....maybe it got his heart pumping again.

i started my day with a phone call from one of my credit card companies.....asking me if i was "still in possession" of my card, and if so, had i actually used it "so much" in the past ten days. Like it's any of their business what i do from my own couch?! i demanded that the guy read me all the charges, and then i MADE him listen to my explanation of each one. don't think he'll be bothering me again any time soon. The detailed, circuitous discussion of the charge to the City of Sealy involving assorted tickets, warrants, etc. gave him, and i quote, "a nasty headache".
It is good to have success so early in the day.

don't you love the word "schnecken"? it's phlegmy.

It is a perfect, clean, cool blue-sky morning......a sure sign that banana-harvesting time will soon be here. i always love whacking and sacking in my garden, and it's just an added bonus when i get to add eating to the chore. anyone have any great, unique recipes for teeny-tiny bananas?

How come people are thrilled and happy that the New Orleans Super Dome is finished and ready for the first game? i understand the concept of "revenue" for the city, but.......has anyone driven around and looked at the still-piled garbage, rotting houses, empty hospitals and non-existent schools? Why is the completing of the sports arena possible in a year's time, but the poverty problems are unfixable?
Should we ask..............SATAN?????? or perhaps BEELZEBUB? ain't it great to live in a society based on a judeo-christian ideology? gives us someone to blame besides politicians.

and speaking of which..........am i the only one who thinks that Chris Bell's commercials could use some oomph? they just look/sound a bit too blah to get anyone's attention. i'm not impressed with the gradma's ads either. she smiles

3 comments:

LesleyRamsey said...

I'll be sure to pass on your comments to Team Bell...

Did that guy REALLy tell you you gave him a headache?

I'll try to be more clever later after I've eaten lunch...

LesleyRamsey said...

I just remembered that you said your post got cut off... I thought that was a good ending:

She smiles...

Smile pretty! Pretty grrrl.

pineapple said...

You should always mess with people that call you about credit cards, bills, or anything else you dont' really want to talk about. I don't call them at home, why should they call me at home?

The Superdome... if it was so damned profitable why didn't Tom Benson pay to fix it. I've been there and that place should have been torn down years before Katrina. I don't understand why FEMA should pay for him to make money.

Chris Bell is too normal to be governor of Texas. We like our leaders to be crooks, assholes, theives and just more interesting in general.