Thursday, October 02, 2008

i do not understand the concept of "reality" tv. Whose reality? i mean, there are cameras and crewpeople and pre-planned destinations and.....already viewed "seasons" of the so-called "reality shows". so.....what is REAL about it? NO ONE is "real" on camera. Or on stage. Trust me.....i know these things. People opened a curtain and suddenly i was a SWAN! for heavens sake! or a VILLAGE VIRGIN! come on.....who buys into this shit? but.....that's just me thinking about it on a boring Thursday afternoon when i'm all stressed out over the prospect of watching a debate between a former-almost-beauty queen and a white-haired pretty guy......so, excuse me if i don't understand "reality".

8 comments:

LesleyRamsey said...

Maybe the absurdity of "reality tv" shows helps people (except Pineapple!) deny the absurdity of real life... I don't get it either.

Enrique said...

Do you think Biden has had a facelift? Or is maybe part Chinese? I found his stretchy face look distracting last nite.

I've never watched reality tv. Am I missing something?

pineapple said...

only grrrl, why are we bringing me into this? If this is a compliment then I am flattered. If it isn't, then in my defense I'd like to point out that I don't watch that much un-reality tv. I prefer my dramedy to be scripted...

LesleyRamsey said...

Pineapple: Sorry -- meant to be a compliment! You are the best at recognizing the absurdity of actual real life.

LesleyRamsey said...

PS... I can't BELIEVE no one jumped on the Village Virgin comment...

Nervana said...

Yeah! me either! Which is just further proof that....no one who "knew me" reads the crap i write! which all in all, is ....a good thing.

pineapple said...

i was too distracted by being brought into the conversation to even think about village virgins.

Enrique said...

Where the village virgin at?