Saturday, October 20, 2007

I Just Figured It Out!

I've always been a "pink" kind of girl. From a very early age i learned that pink looks good on a blond. So i wore a lot of pink stuff. Later in life, i went to Las Brisas in Acupulco.......a beautiful place, with lots of pink jeeps, pink center stripes down the winding mountain road, pink and white china, and on and on. Anyway....it was my kind of place. So when i was having a pool put in my back area, i had it done surrounded by pink flagstone. When i had my countertops replaced in the kitchen, i chose a pinky-colored Corian. And the whole house had lots of pink scattered around. It just seemed the appropriate color for Club Katy. Flamingo-like.
Then all kinds of things happened in and to my life, which resulted in my suddenly living alone here, sans life-partner, and also sans visitors, for the most part. And gradually, my house began changing in much the same way that i did.
Once i started regaining myself, as a new version, i started using more colors. Orange. Red. Yellow. There's still the pink, but it's......not so noticeable.
So i was thinking about it and here's what i figured out......
Pink has become the color of cancer. Tshirts, cookware, bracelets......all pink.
I don't want cancer to be the color scheme of my life, or of my home. I want brighter colors, stronger colors.......less thought-provoking colors.
So......here's to orange pillows, purple furniture and yellow candles! they make me happier. And now that i'm not a blond, but more of a silver.....well, i wear pale blue and feel pretty.
and that's all i know for now.

2 comments:

LesleyRamsey said...

Pink is a very thought provoking color. I've been wearing it quite a bit lately, actually... but not the cancer stuff. I think of it as my "Power Pink." It confuses people. I like that.

pineapple said...

Its fun to be a ball busting girly-girl! But why did the cancer people have to go a ruin a whole color? I've never hand any pink furniture, but it is also fun to have a purple couch with a lime green coffee table. Well, the lime green coffee table wasn't the best plan because it shows all the dirt...