Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Weather or Not.......

Today is, according to our geezer-guy, flat-headed local weatherman, the eighth straight day of beautiful, blue sky, sunny, cool temp days. And so i was reflecting on this, as i have nothing of any more importance to occupy my mind.
The first pretty day was SPECTACULAR! INVIGORATING! MOTIVATING! i reveled in it.....raking leaves, whacking plants.....just savoring the pure clarity of the light and the feel of the breeze.
The second, third and fourth days passed in rather more of a "quiet appreciation". I went outside, strolled the fading Fall garden, and felt peacefully content.
The fifth, sixth and seventh days.......well, i honestly just over-looked them.
Now on DAY EIGHT......i find myself almost "bored" by the sameness. So it's pretty! I am craving something new......Show me some clouds! Give me some thunder! DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT...........for i am horribly human and need VARIETY and CHANGE and a sense of the UNIQUE.
Thus i have to accept that i am nothing more, or less, than an excitement junkie.
and of course, it's just one more lesson for me to PAY ATTENTION! It's a terrible thing to waste or overlook any day of this life. I shall attempt to do better tomorrow.

2 comments:

pineapple said...

I don't know. We live in Texas which by definition means the weather is apt to change at any moment. I'm waiting... and waiting... and waiting...

Nervana said...

Pineapple: Godot did it better.