Saturday, October 13, 2007

You would think that after my NOT BLOGGING for months i would have something(s) to say. Nope. And it startled me a little bit, since i have always had a plethora of opinions. But......something has changed.
I restricted myself rigorously from watching tv "news" or anything having to do with "professional politics". Thus, much of my anger/angst has vanished. When i realized that almost without exception, every story i read or watched just sickened me, i decided to live a different way. So now when i get up in the mornings, there's no bubble-headed woman telling me new scary facts about breast cancer or lead in lipstick, no bleached-blond weather guy telling me what dire event has dangerous repercussions on the beaches, no fat-head corporate blowhard espousing his inane views on the stock market.......Instead, i watch a CD of an obscure opera or of a long-ago performance of gravity-defying ballet dancers......and i feel strengthened and uplifted and.....dare i say it?......happyful.
i have forsaken reruns of Beverly Hillbillies and Crossing Jordan, and in their place i........yep, i just go outside and watch the birds and squirrels. It's much more informative than anything on the tv. Even books have begun to make me question their importance........how can a page of words begin to compete with a polka-dotted dog on the trail of mr. mouserat? Or rival the amazing moves of a 16 year old kitty who truly still believes that she can lure a bluejay simply by pretending she's just part of the birdbath base? Most of the books i've read recently feel like reruns of previous authors' mistakes and efforts. Maybe it's just a mood i'm in, but for now......i'm just going to live in my reality. Dustbunnies and all.
How fortunate am i to have the opportunity to do ONLY WHAT I CHOOSE? tis a gift. and that's all i know.

3 comments:

LesleyRamsey said...

Great idea! Livin' your actual reality is quite a feat, really. I wish I could join you in Club Katy for about a week!

Enrique said...

There's lead in lipstick? Could that explain Paris Hilton?

pineapple said...

that sounds nice but right now I'm perfecting my tv/internet/book addiction.